Re: [HACKERS] Re: PostgreSQL Help

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: PostgreSQL Help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter,

> As for MultiByte strings, you need to compile the backend to accept them
> (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

I suspect he is not running PostgreSQL 6.2.1 becasue the multibyte
capability has been introduced since 6.3.2. Anyway, the particular
message:
"ERROR: MultiByte strings (MB) must be enabled to use this function"

is raised if getdatabaseencoding() is called and the backend is not
compiled with MB option as you said. But the question is: does
the standard PostgreSQL JDBC driver call getdatabaseencoding()?
---
Tatsuo Ishii