Re: [GENERAL] How to make a read-write atomic?

От omid omoomi
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to make a read-write atomic?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi daniel,

Since ex_locks would make some new limitations, for better design,I suggest
that you minimize the time interval between reading the costomerid# and
writing back its ++ .This would make the undesiered event less probable to
accure. I think you are going to use the ID# in an application form (or some
sort of interactiv UIF). So if you really don't need to reserve the ID# (eg.
showing ID# above the form )at the begining, let it be assigned at the time
of submitting.In other hand, any customer can get his new ID# after filling
and sending his data not before that.
Ofcourse there is more than one way skinning a pig!

good luck ,
omid.