Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]

От Martin Weinberg
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]
Список pgsql-general
Dear CN,

Yes, thanks for you message.  I am well aware of the
32 bit=2GB limitation in the ext2fs.

Currently, pgsql 6.5.x breaks up the files containing
tables into roughly 1 GB chunks.  My question is: will
pgsql do the same for the files containing the indices?

Correction to info in my previous post: my index files are
approaching 1GB not 2GB.

--Martin

CN Liu wrote on Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:47:11 +0800
>--------------01A497728CDC1E265B4A5A80
>
>> I have a 40 million record database (about 40GB and growing) and I
>> notice that some of my multicolumn indices are beginning to approach
>> 2GB on disk.
>>
>> Will there be any problems spanning the 32 bit limit here (a la tables
>> in version 6.4)?
>
>Please refer to the attached messages from linux-raid@vger.rutgers.edu.
>
>CN
>
> [SNIP . . .]

Martin Weinberg                      Phone: (413) 545-3821
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy       FAX:   (413) 545-2117/0648
530 Graduate Research Tower
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA  01003-4525