Re: locales and MB (was: Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem)

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: locales and MB (was: Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>and the world is moving towards Unicode.
>we definitely need working support for locales and multichar.
>Perhaps the right way to do it is to store everything in
>som Unicode format internally and convert the output
>according to the suggested "per-column-locale-definition".

No. There's  nothing perfect in the world. Unicode is not the
exception too. So we need to keep the freedom of choice of the
internal encodings. Currently the mb support allows serveral internal
encodings including Unicode and mule-internal-code.
(yes, you can do regexp/like to Unicode data if mb support is
enabled).
--
Tatsuo Ishii