Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
>     If  there's  (only  one)  Perl  PROGRAMMER  out  in the world
>     reading this, who does see a (however small)  possibility  to
>     explain  how to integrate a Perl interpreter into PostgreSQL,
>     RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm a Perl programmer. I don't have a clue about how to integrate
Perl into PostgreSQL, but it should be possible.

I'd like to help. I know Perl, but nothing about the internals of
PostgreSQL and I don't code C.

>     Maybe Perl isn't the scripting language someone should choose
>     because  it  is  too  limited in it's capabilities - remember

Too limited? Perl? You're joking.

>     that real  programmers  don't  use  pascal...  -  maybe  real
>     programmer wouldn't ever use Perl...

Then I'm no real programmer. But then again I program in any language
that is needed.