Re: [HACKERS] Outer joins

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Outer joins
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Left outer joins will take the left-side table and null-fill entries
> which do not have a corresponding match on the right-side table. If
> your example is trying to get an output row for at least every input
> row from t1, then perhaps the query would be
>
> select * from t1 left join t2 using (x)
>                  left join t3 using (x)
>                  left join t4 using (x);
>
> But since I haven't implemented it yet I don't have much experience
> with the outer join syntax...

You miss at least two points: The keyword OUTER and the column name
from t1. As I know, LEFT is the default, so it could be omitted.

Maybe
SELECT * FROM t1 USING (X) OUTER JOIN t2 USING (Y)OUTER JOIN t3 USING (Z)OUTER JOIN t4 using (t);

It should be possible to boil it down to
SELECT * FROM t1 USING (X) OUTER JOIN t2 USING (Y), t3 USING (Z), t4 using (t);

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6