postodbc not connecting

От hmt@alpha.co.ae (HMT Group)
Тема postodbc not connecting
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,
I have a small problem with the postodbc. I am unable to
connect to the postgresql database using odbc. I am using
postgresql 6.2 shipped with Red Hat Linux.

When I try to connect through odbc I get the error
'user authentication failed.'
There is a valid database available, and valid username given.
The postodbc faq gives the solution as following

*Postmaster must run with the -i option to allow remote
connections.
The pg_hba.conf file in $PGPATH/data directory must be
configured to allow your remote host to connect. *

But the postmaster doesn't seem to have an option -i. And
I don't have the least idea in configuring pg_hba.conf file

Can anyone help me?

Thanx in advance

--gopal