connection names

От Michael Meskes
Тема connection names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Okay, I have changed ecpg to accept the following:

CONNECT TO connection_target opt_connection_name opt_user
CONNECT TO DEFAULT
CONNECT ora_user

with

connection_target being either 'dbname[@server][:port]' or
'{esql,ecpg,sql}:postgresql://server[:port][/dbname]'

opt_connection_name is empty so far

opt_user is 'USER ora_user' or empty

Finally ora_user is one of the following:

user_name
user_name '/' password
user_name SQL_IDENTIFIED BY user_name

This should allow us to accept the standard connect calls as well as the
Oracle ones. Is there any major db system that uses a different syntax? For
compatibility I'd like to add as much as possible.

I haven't patched the library yet. I will do so as soon as we agree on
adding both version to libpq.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20