Re: ODBC driver

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: ODBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
byronn@insightdist.com said:

> I would like to look into this, but need to know a few things.
>
> First, is this the latest version.  As of yesterday (4/15/98) there is a new
> version at our website.
>
> Second, there is a definite possibility I am not handling other datestyles (like
> European, etc.) correctly.
>
> Third, what is the Postgres Data type for these fields that are not appearing:  is it 'date' or
> 'datetime' or 'timestamp', etc. and could you maybe show me what
> these might look like in the database?
>
> And one final request, could you please send these things  to the Postgres
> interfaces list too.  It would be fine if you either just sent it there or send
> it there and CC me as well.  The list is:  pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org

I must admit that I forgot about psql-interfaces when sending my previous mail
and I have just discovered that I had sent my subscribe requests to the wrong
address. Fixed now I hope.

The fields in question are type date. I do not know what the internal
representation is but they are displayed by psql as either dd-mm-yyyy or
mm-dd-yyyy depending on whether the server has -o -e or not. As in most parts
of the world, Australia uses dd-mm-yyyy as a standard.

The version I have been using is tagged as V6.30.0000 and 10/4/98.
I have just downloaded the new version. I shall test it and let you know how
it goes.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Davies Consulting                                            scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.                                             Voice: 61-8-82728863
Computing & Network solutions.                                     Fax: 61-8-82741015