Re: [INTERFACES] documentation on using PostODBC?

От Julia A.Case
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] documentation on using PostODBC?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Quoting WAGNERP@UWSTOUT.EDU (WAGNERP@UWSTOUT.EDU):
> Is there user documentation on how to *use* PostODBC, specifically on how to
> access a PostreSQL database from MS Access?  I've got PostODBC itself
> downloaded/installed, and have set up a PostgreSQL data source, but am not
> sure what needs to be done to allow MS Access to connect to and manipulate
> this data source.  Any pointers appreciated....

    If you already have the datasource setup in ODBC...
    Go into access and create a new table, but select "Link" from the
list of options.  Then tell it to use ODBC as the datasource and select
the one that links to your Database.

    This will then give you a list of the tables in your database and
you can link the ones you like...  Make sure to specify the primary keys
for access so that you can update the table.

    If you need more help please feel free to email me.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]

От: WAGNERP@UWSTOUT.EDU
Сообщение: documentation on using PostODBC?
От: William Woods
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] documentation on using PostODBC?