Re: NOTICE: can't shrink relation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: NOTICE: can't shrink relation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Mel Jamero" <mel@gmanmi.tv> writes:
> could anyone please give a brief explanation of these notices.. thanks.

> NOTICE:  Rel pg_type: TID 26/9: InsertTransactionInProgress 18854950 - can't
> shrink relation

That's just VACUUM being conservative --- it doesn't want to risk moving
tuples when there are open transactions affecting the table.  (In this
case I'd guess that you had an uncommitted transaction that created a
table.  The rows describing its columns have been added to pg_attribute,
but not committed yet.)