Re: pgsql: Dissociate btequalimage() from interval_ops, ending its deduplic

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Dissociate btequalimage() from interval_ops, ending its deduplic
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 08:27:58PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, that's indeed going to be a pain for affected people, but
>> it doesn't seem like a reason to also break installcheck.

> That's right.  We don't have a standard that installcheck of v13.N will have
> zero diffs on an initdb from v13.0.

Um ... don't we?  I do not recall very many cases where we changed
initial catalog contents at all in a point release, and I don't think
any of those cases intentionally created regression diffs.

> We've got bigger fish to fry.

True, this isn't going to affect many people either way.  But
I don't think you've made a good precedent here.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Dissociate btequalimage() from interval_ops, ending its deduplic
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Dissociate btequalimage() from interval_ops, ending its deduplic