Error installing postgresql 9.5.14 on windows7: “unable to write inside temp environment variable path”

От abhinav srivastava
Тема Error installing postgresql 9.5.14 on windows7: “unable to write inside temp environment variable path”
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have already tried what have been suggested online but nothing worked.I tried this solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6HRGFJvzzw
I also tried to enable WSH via http://1stopit.blogspot.com/2011/01/postgresql-83-and-84-fails-to-install.html but all this did not solve the problem, still getting the same error.

I am running as administrator and anti virus is disabled.

Can you please guide how to fix this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Abhinav Srivastava

My bitlock installer log is as follows. OS is windows 7 (64 bit)

Log started 08/17/2018 at 00:59:05
Preferred installation mode : qt
Trying to init installer in mode qt
Mode qt successfully initialized
Executing C:\Users\Abhinav\AppData\Local\Temp/postgresql_installer_2b07efb6c7/temp_check_comspec.bat
Script exit code: 0

Script output:
 "test ok"

Script stderr:

Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Data Directory. Setting variable iDataDirectory to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Base Directory. Setting variable iBaseDirectory to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Service ID. Setting variable iServiceName to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Service Account. Setting variable iServiceAccount to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Super User. Setting variable iSuperuser to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Branding. Setting variable iBranding to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Version. Setting variable brandingVer to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 Shortcuts. Setting variable iShortcut to empty value
Could not find registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-9.5 DisableStackBuilder. Setting variable iDisableStackBuilder to empty value
[00:59:08] Existing base directory:
[00:59:08] Existing data directory:
[00:59:08] Using branding: PostgreSQL 9.5
[00:59:08] Using Super User: postgres and Service Account: NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService
[00:59:08] Using Service Name: postgresql-x64-9.5
Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\Users\Abhinav\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer_2b07efb6c7\prerun_checks.vbs"
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
 CScript Error: Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Users\Abhinav\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer_2b07efb6c7\prerun_checks.vbs".

Script stderr:
 Program ended with an error exit code