Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 5/8/23 18:19, gkokolatos@pm.me wrote:

> [...]

Seems I'm getting messages with a delay - this is mostly the same fix I
ended up with, not realizing you already posted a fix.

I don't think we need the local "in" variable - the pointer parameter is
local in the function, so we can modify it directly (with a cast).
WriteDataToArchiveLZ4 does it that way too.

The tests are definitely a good idea. I wonder if we should add a
comment to DEFAULT_IO_BUFFER_SIZE mentioning that if we choose to
increase the value in the future, we needs to tweak the tests too to use
more data in order to exercise the buffering etc. Maybe it's obvious?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company