Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?

От Ron
Тема Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/2/23 12:42, Tom Lane wrote:
Alas, those config values are remembered in postmaster.opts.  But I don't
want that.
I don’t know where this file is even documented ATM but my understanding is
it just shows you the values used during the last startup.
It does more, per the pg_ctl man page:
    postmaster.opts
        If this file exists in the data directory, pg_ctl (in restart        mode) will pass the contents of the file as options to postgres,        unless overridden by the -o option. The contents of this file are        also displayed in status mode.

It seems totally reasonable for "pg_ctl restart" to re-apply those
switches.  If you don't want that, don't use "restart", but stop
and start.

Thanks.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.