Re: 8.0.X and the ARC patent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.0.X and the ARC patent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 04:57:11PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Curious.  The immediate question is "does it ever flatten out, and
>> if so at what TPM rate compared to 8.0.1?"  Could you run the same
>> test for a longer duration?

> The comparison was against 8.0.1, or did you mean 8.0.1 with the 2Q
> patch?  I can run a longer duration and see how it looks.

My point was that unpatched 8.0.1 seems to have a pretty level TPM
rate.  If the patched version levels out at something not far below
that, I'll be satisfied.  If it continues to degrade then I won't be
satisfied ... but the test stops short of telling what will happen.
If you could run it for 2 hours then we'd probably know enough.