Re: BUG #2246: Only call pg_fe_getauthname if none given

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2246: Only call pg_fe_getauthname if none given
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Perhaps I'm missing something obvious (and if so, I'm sorry) but
> couldn't we just build up the character array in PQsetdbLogin to be
> passed in to connectOptions1?

That's a possibility too, though by the time you've finished building
that string (with appropriate quoting) and then tearing it apart again
in conninfo_parse, it's likely that you've eaten the cycles you hoped to
save ... especially since that processing would happen for all uses of
PQsetdbLogin, whether or not they could avoid calling pg_fe_getauthname.

I'm starting to feel that it's not worth messing with, which is
obviously the same conclusion we came to last time round ...