Re: BUG #18135: Incorrect memory access occurs when attaching a partition with an index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18135: Incorrect memory access occurs when attaching a partition with an index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> FWIW, I was thinking about a case like that with 2 index attributes:
> info1->attr[0] = 0, info1->attr[1] = 1
> info2->attr[0] = 1, info2->attr[1] = 0
> With a mapping from info2 to info1 like that:
> attmap[0] = 1, attmap[1] = 0.

> The code before 9f71e10d6 would have accessed an incorrect pointer.
> The new code would return false, which would not be correct if the
> expressions stored in ii_Expressions for info1/attr0 and info2/attr1
> match?

I think "false" is correct.  Otherwise you're claiming that an
index on (expr, col1) is equivalent to an index on (col1, expr).
Maybe it is equivalent for some purposes, but I don't think this
function has any business assuming that it is so for all purposes.

Also, the pre-existing comment clearly intends that false is
the proper result here:

     * might differ!)  Note that this implies that index columns that are
     * expressions appear in the same positions.  We will next compare the
     * expressions themselves.

The code just failed to enforce that fully.