Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> This created some seemingly unrelated build farm failures.  I suspect
> this must have something to do with the new shell code in configure

> +PG_MINORVERSION=`expr "$PACKAGE_VERSION" : '.*\.\([0-9][0-9]*\)'`
> +test -n "$PG_MINORVERSION" || PG_MINORVERSION=0

> ending up with some nonsense being assigned to PG_MINORVERSION, perhaps
> due to a not-quite-mainstream Bourne shell being used.

Looking at the configure log on gharial, the only incorrect symbol
seems to be PG_VERSION_NUM:

#define PG_MAJORVERSION "13"
#define PG_MAJORVERSION_NUM 13
#define PG_MINORVERSION_NUM 0
#define PG_VERSION "13devel"
#define PG_VERSION_STR "PostgreSQL 13devel on ia64-hp-hpux11.31, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.6.0, 64-bit"
#define PG_VERSION_NUM

which squares with the compile error that's being thrown (it's pointing at
a macro that uses PG_VERSION_NUM).

I'd suggest reverting the change in how PG_VERSION_NUM is computed
in configure.in --- that was certainly not necessary to the patch,
and evidently you're falling foul of some weird behavior around
nesting double-quotes and backquotes.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl