Re: sslinfo extension - add notbefore and notafter timestamps

От Cary Huang
Тема Re: sslinfo extension - add notbefore and notafter timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Jacob

> Hi Cary, did you have any thoughts on the timestamptz notes from my last mail?
>
> > It might also be nice to rename
> > ASN1_TIME_to_timestamp().
> >
> > Squinting further at the server backend implementation, should that
> > also be using TimestampTz throughout, instead of Timestamp? It all
> > goes through float8_timestamptz at the end, so I guess it shouldn't
> > have a material impact, but it's a bit confusing.

Sorry I kind of missed this review comment from your last email. Thanks for bringing it up again though. I think it is
rightto change the backend references of "timestamp" to "timestampTz" for consistency reasons. I have gone ahead to
makethe changes.

I have also reviewed the wording on the documentation and removed "UTC" from the descriptions. Since sslinfo extension
andpg_stat_ssl both return timestampTz in whatever timezone PostgreSQL is running on, they do not always return UTC
timestamps.

Attached is the v10 patch with the above changes. Thanks again for the review.

Best regards

Cary Huang
HighGo Software Inc. (Canada)
cary.huang@highgo.ca