Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think we could get away without the backup history file altogether.

Hmmm ... actually I was confusing these with timeline history files,
which are definitely not something we can drop.  You might be right
that the backup history file could be part of WAL instead.  On the other
hand, it's quite comforting that the history file is plain ASCII and can
be examined without any special tools.  I'm -1 for removing it, even
if we decide to duplicate the info in a WAL record.