Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Perhaps current_schemas would be easier to use if it was changed to
> return one schema per row returned?

No.  If it returned a rowset then the ordering would be lost, in a
logical sense at least.  Remember that SQL does not believe row ordering
is semantically significant.

As I keep saying, current_schemas is not the solution to Greg's problem.
We need to expose additional (already existing) backend functionality
in the form of SQL functions that check object visibility.