Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?

От Mark Woodward
Тема Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Дата
Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>>> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysqlcompat/
>>
>> Even better would be coming up with a compatability mode, a la what
>> EnterpriseDB has done for Oracle.
>
> Good Lord NO. I don't want a bunch of hacked up code *because* MySQL
> does it this way, running on top of PostgreSQL.
>
> I want to run PostgreSQL. If you want to run MySQL, run MySQL. If you
> want to run Oracle, run Oracle.

It isn't always about what we want to do, unfortunately, sometimes it has
to do with external factors outside of our control.

The reality is that MySQL is widely supported by some very, shall we say,
"interesting" open source projects and using these products with
PostgreSQL would be a plus.

I ask you, try to find some PHP/Open Source projects that support
PostgreSQL just as well as MySQL? Most don't even support PostgreSQL.

Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?