BUG #18265: jsonb comparison order is inconsistent

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18265: jsonb comparison order is inconsistent
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18265
Logged by:          neil chen
Email address:      neil.chen@protonbase.io
PostgreSQL version: 14.1
Operating system:   operating system irrelevant

As the docuemnt saied,  for jsonb type, Object > Array > Boolean > Number >
String > Null, but actually empty json array is sort to be the smallest
value.
And this is true only when it is the outmost json value, that is,
'[]'::jsonb is less than 'null'::jsonb.
but when it is a inner element of json array,  the comparison result will
changed, that is, '[[]]'::jsonb is greater than '[null]'.
This behavior looks strange, that maybe a mistake in
compareJsonbContainers().
                        /*
                         * This could be a "raw scalar" pseudo array.  That's
                         * a special case here though, since we still want the
                         * general type-based comparisons to apply, and as far
                         * as we're concerned a pseudo array is just a scalar.
                         */
                        if (va.val.array.rawScalar != vb.val.array.rawScalar)
// Here one is json array, and another is not json array, maybe we should
simply compare their type.
// And the comparison result should not be overwritten by the following if
statement.
                            res = (va.val.array.rawScalar) ? -1 : 1;
                        if (va.val.array.nElems != vb.val.array.nElems)
                            res = (va.val.array.nElems > vb.val.array.nElems) ? 1 : -1;
                        break;
postgres=# select * from
(values('null'::jsonb),('[]'::jsonb),('[null]'::jsonb),('[[]]'::jsonb)) as
t(j) order by j;
--------
 []
 null