Re: On disable_cost

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: On disable_cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> So maybe the fix could be to set disable_cost to something like
> 1.0e110 and adjust compare_path_costs_fuzzily to not apply the
> fuzz_factor for paths >= disable_cost.   However, I wonder if that
> risks the costs going infinite after a couple of cartesian joins.

Perhaps.  It still does nothing for Robert's point that once we're
forced into using a "disabled" plan type, it'd be better if the
disabled-ness didn't skew subsequent planning choices.

On the whole I agree that getting rid of disable_cost entirely
would be the way to go, if we can replace that with a separate
boolean without driving up the cost of add_path too much.