BUG #18239: select position ('' in 'A') returns 1

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18239: select position ('' in 'A') returns 1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18239
Logged by:          Luc Van Linden
Email address:      lucvanlind.en@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.3
Operating system:   windows 10 64 bit

We simplified the bug, or maybe undocumented behavior to its simplest
testcase.

select position ('' in 'A') returns 1

Thus, case a field has an empty string while, checking positions in another
string, it seems to always fit the position 1.

Not sure if this is intended or not, at least we experience this as a bug.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18238: Cross-partitition MERGE/UPDATE with delete-preventing trigger leads to incorrect memory access