BUG #18224: message bug in libpqwalreceiver.c.

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18224: message bug in libpqwalreceiver.c.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18224
Logged by:          Tomonari Katsumata
Email address:      t.katsumata1122@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.1
Operating system:   any

Hello

I found a small bug in the error message of libpqwalreceiver.c.

According to the manual, identify_system returns one row and
four columns. (This is also the actual behavior)
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/protocol-replication.html#PROTOCOL-REPLICATION-IDENTIFY-SYSTEM

However, when data other than one row and four columns is returned,
incorrect values ​​are reported as expected values ​​as shown below.

>Could not identify system: got X rows and Y fields, expected 3 rows and 1
or more fields.

It looks like the arguments are in the wrong order.
Also, it seems that the decision to return 4 fields in 9.4 was not
reflected.

This is a trivial issue, but I was curious about it so I reported it.

Best regards,
----
Tomonari Katsumata