BUG #17887: EDB Community Installer for windows, locale selection not working properly

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17887: EDB Community Installer for windows, locale selection not working properly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17887
Logged by:          Mauricio Galamba
Email address:      mauricio@inetargentina.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.2
Operating system:   Windows 11

I was using EDB Windows installers for the community version of PostgreSQL

When you select a locale during installation process, does not respect the
"country" part, just it will install with the major country for that
language, for example: if you select English, India it will install English,
UnitedStates ... for Spanish, Argentina will install Spanish, Spain etc

It's the same in from console with --mode unattended --locale "Spanish,
Argentina"  it will install Spanish, Spain.

command:
postgresql-13.9-3-windows-x64.exe --mode unattended --superpassword xxxx
--datadir "c:\xxx\PostgreSQL\13\data" --serverport 5432 --locale "Spanish,
Argentina"

I have tested this with:
postgresql-13.10-1-windows-x64.exe
postgresql-13.9-3-windows-x64.exe
and
postgresql-15.2-2-windows-x64.exe

Even in a virtual machine with a fresh windows 10 install

If I use the binary files and run initdb manually
initdb.exe --auth=md5 --locale=spanish_argentina --encoding=UTF8
--pgdata=C:\xxx\PostgreSQL\13\data  -U postgres -W
the locale it's fine, result=Spanish.Argentina.1252

Regrads