Re: Recursive calls to functions that return sets

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recursive calls to functions that return sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
> Recursive calls works in PL/Java. No problem there. But the larger the
> set, the more memory it consumes. Do I read your answers correctly if I
> conclude this is a known limitation when SPI is used? I.e. there's no
> way to stream one row at a time without ever building the full set?

By no means.  The point is that there are some callers of SRFs that are
going to materialize the result set, as well as some SRFs that are going
to hand back a materialized result set anyway.  The interface can handle
a tuple-per-call but that's not the way everybody chooses to use it.

Сообщение: Re: Recursive calls to functions that return sets
Сообщение: Re: Recursive calls to functions that return sets