Re: BUG #5839: pgAdmin makes bad query for creating a table when default value specified

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5839: pgAdmin makes bad query for creating a table when default value specified
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Aren Cambre" <aren@arencambre.com> writes:
> Using pgAdmin 1.12.2, I just tried to create a table with a character
> varying(18) column. I put "none" (without the quotes) in the "Default value"
> field for that column.

> When I press OK to create the table, I get a dialog saying:
>   An error has occurred:
>   ERROR: column "none" does not exist

Well, yeah, that's what you'll get.  I don't see a bug here.
If you want the literal string 'none' as default, you should put quotes
around it.  If you don't want a default, you shouldn't put anything
there.