Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how we could get away with that.  Would it pass muster to do
>> that only when isatty(stdin)?  Other ideas?

> What if we made it so that "exit" or "quit" bails out entirely when
> not in a continuation line, and when entered on a continuation line,
> provided isatty(stdin), prints some kind of message telling you that
> you're in a continuation line?

Yeah, that might work.  As you say, if it only prints some chatter
(to stderr, I guess) without changing the semantics of the input,
it gets easier to defend.

Сообщение: Re: explain analyze output with parallel workers - question aboutmeaning of information for explain.depesz.com