Re: src/backend/storage/ipc/README

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: src/backend/storage/ipc/README
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> $SUBJECT is wildly out-of-date.  Is there any point in keeping this,
> given the large (and actually correct) comment block near the top of
> sinvaladt.c?

Huh, I never noticed that file before.  Yeah, it seems useless as it
stands.  I wonder however if we could repurpose it as a slightly
higher-level summary?  If you just look at sinval(adt).c, you'll find
out all about how inval messages get transmitted, but nothing about why
we need them in the first place.  There's some material about that over
in src/backend/utils/cache/inval.c, which is not the easiest place to
find if you're looking at storage/ipc/.