Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
> Here's an updated patch with help from Simon.  Once I get a test system
> going again in the lab I'll start posting some data.  I'm planning a
> combination of block sizes (BLCKSZ and XLOG_BLCKSZ) and number of WAL
> buffers.

If there's no objection, I'll go ahead and apply the parts of this that
create a separate XLOG_BLCKSZ symbol, but not (yet) the parts that
actually change any parameter values.  I can't see any very good reason
why data block size and xlog block size were ever tied together, and I
think it'll make the code read better if they're separated.