Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 8/29/23 8:41 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 08:17:10AM +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> That may be a bug in the matrix because of bb90022, as git am can be
> easily pissed.

git am does not complain anymore.

+       # Generate the element name for the enums based on the
+       # description.  The C symbols are prefixed with "WAIT_EVENT_".

Nit: 2 whitespaces before "The C"

     # Build the descriptions.  There are in camel-case.
     # LWLock and Lock classes do not need any modifications.

Nit: 2 whitespaces before "There are in camel"

+       my $waiteventdescription = '';
+       if (   $waitclassname eq 'WaitEventLWLock'

Nit: Too many whitespace after the "if (" ?? (I guess pgperltidy would
fix it).

> I have double-checked the docs generated, while on it, and I am not
> seeing anything missing, particularly for the LWLock and Lock parts..

I did compare the output of select * from pg_wait_events order by 1,2 and
ignored the case (with and without the patch series).

Then, the only diff is:

< Client,WalSenderWaitWal,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
---
> Client,WalSenderWaitForWAL,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process

That said, it looks good to me.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot