I just got it: PostgreSQL Application Server -- a new project.

От pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Тема I just got it: PostgreSQL Application Server -- a new project.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have been harping for the last few days (years, actually) about tweaks
and changes to PostgreSQL for a number of reasons ranging from session
management to static tables. I even had a notion to come up with msession
on PostgreSQL.

I have been incorporating full text search, recommendations, and a slew of
other features into PostgreSQL, but you know what? While it does touch
Postgre in a real sense, it is not strictly SQL. It is about how to create
applications with PostgreSQL. That's what we're missing, Coneptually,
PostgreSQL is strictly a database and the core team (rightly so) is
fundimentally happy with that aspect of it.

Maybe we need a pgfoundary project called "PostgreSQL Application Server."
Like Apache Tomcat or regular apache or PHP, PostgreSQL could form the SQL
base of a far more intricate and flexable framework that encompases a lot
of the various features that could provide "application sever" features
from PostgreSQL.