INT4RANGE Upper bound always includes a higher number

От PG Doc comments form
Тема INT4RANGE Upper bound always includes a higher number
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/rangetypes.html

Hi,
First I just wanted to say, the documentation is overall excellent, it has
been such a pleasure learning postgres.
In the RANGE types where it says the square bracket indicates upper bound
inclusive ],
But the issue with this is when I do upper bound inclusive it always goes
one number above.
This is contrary to your documentation says and it is also counter
intuitive.
According to your example (copied from your docs):

-- includes 3, does not include 7, and does include all points in between
SELECT '[3,7)'::int4range;

But this is not true, it shows 3 and 7

And if i do:
SELECT '(3,7]'::INT4RANGE;