Re: [HACKERS] destroydb doesn't close connection with client (httpd <-> pg)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] destroydb doesn't close connection with client (httpd <-> pg)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] destroydb doesn't close connection with client (httpd <-> pg)  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> I don't know is it DBI/DBD problem or backend must close
> all connections to DB when it destroyed.

You cannot destroy a DB while there are backends connected to it;
all hell breaks loose if you do.  See thread "How to destroy your entire
Postgres installation" in pg-hackers in late Sept. 1998.

The correct fix is to add an interlock that prevents "destroydb" when
there are connected backends.  I don't know just how that might be done,
however.

There should be a TODO item for this, but I don't see one: * Prevent destroydb when there are backends active in that
database

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] destroydb doesn't close connection with client (httpd <-> pg)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] destroydb doesn't close connection with client (httpd <-> pg)