Re: confusing `case when` column name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: confusing `case when` column name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tuesday, March 12, 2024, adjkldd@126.com <winterloo@126.com> wrote:
>> Nee we change the title of the case-when output column?

> Choosing either a or b as the label seems wrong and probably worth changing
> to something that has no meaning and encourages the application of a column
> alias.

Yeah, we won't get any kudos for changing a rule that's stood for
25 years, even if it's not very good.  This is one of the places
where it's just hard to make a great choice automatically, and
users are probably going to end up applying an AS clause most of
the time if they care about the column name at all.