Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Hahler <postgresql@thequod.de> writes:
> On 25.03.2014 15:36, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> ... in short, I want to see the rest of the log not just this part.

> That was the whole log.

Oh.  So actually, "failed to startup" was a complete misdescription, and
what you should've said was "it appeared to be running normally, but I
saw this burst of weird messages in the postmaster log, so I decided to
restart it"?

I tend to concur with Alvaro's theory that OpenVZ must've failed to
restore the contents of shared memory precisely.  If there were no other
symptoms than these, it seems like the misrestore must have affected just
a few small areas of the shared memory segment.  Which seems odd, but then
again I know nothing of the internals of OpenVZ, so maybe it's a plausible
failure mode.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array