Re: Re: pgsql: add EPERM to the list of return codes to expect from opening

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: pgsql: add EPERM to the list of return codes to expect from opening
Дата
Re: Re: pgsql: add EPERM to the list of return codes to expect from opening  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Actually, I think that may be your problem - you are testing against
> EPERM instead of EACCESS. On my linux manpage, EPERM isn't even a
> valid return code from open().

Yeah, I had just come to the same conclusion upon seeing the buildfarm
still pink this morning.  On my old HPUX box these codes are defined as

/usr/include/sys/errno.h:#define        EPERM           1       /* Not super-user               */
/usr/include/sys/errno.h:#define        EACCES          13      /* Permission denied            */

so EPERM seems like the wrong mapping for such an error anyway.

BTW, in case anyone with admin privileges is paying attention, the
buildfarm (a) is about two hours off on its system clock again,
and (b) hasn't sent out a daily status-change summary email since
Friday.