Re: connecting with pgAdmin II

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: connecting with pgAdmin II
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Daniel Lerch <daniel@mountainmeasurement.com> writes:
> I _think_ this error message means I need to get into the pg_hba.conf
> file and create that entry (and I think pg_hba.conf is supposed to be in
> the 'pgdata' directory).  Unfortunately, I can find neither pg_hba.conf
> (a 'whereis pg_hba.conf' gives me nothing) nor pgdata.

Most likely PGDATA is /var/lib/pgsql/data ... to make sure, look at the
init script (probably /etc/init.d/postgresql).  Or you could try
    ps auxww | grep postmaster
and see whether the data directory was specified with a -D switch on the
postmaster's command line.

Don't forget you need to SIGHUP or restart the postmaster after editing
its configuration files.  ("pg_ctl reload" or "service postgresql
reload" usually work for sending SIGHUP conveniently.)