Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> I don't thing, so drop some implicit-casts was huge problem. Somebody
>> could to use Peter's patch, that recreate missing casts.
>
> True, but we should have had those compatibility pathes (Peter's patch)
> ready before we released, and advertised them in the release notes.

sure

Maybe we have to have a compatibility group. I don't support 100%
compatibility - mainly with things that should be source of bugs -
like these implicit casts. I migrate two applications (not own) and I
really found bugs there. But change of every feature should be well
supported.

Pavel