Re: Multiple call handlers per language

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multiple call handlers per language
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello, our production database has existed for quite a few years and been
> dumped/restored several times for hardware or postgresql upgrades.
> Original version was late 7 or early 8, we're currently on 8.4.2.  I
> noticed on our production database I have two call handlers for plpgsql and
> for plpython; the following query:

You could presumably drop the ones in the public schema.  Probably those
are leftover from ancient history when these things were not getting
created in pg_catalog.

> Should I worry about the extra rows in our production database?  If so how
> should I go about cleaning them?

DROP FUNCTION (as a superuser) would be the safest route.  I'm pretty
sure the dependency system would prevent you from dropping the wrong
ones (the ones the language definitions are actually using); though
you might want to verify that in a scratch copy before you do it in
the production database.