Re: amvalidate(): cache lookup failed for operator class 123

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: amvalidate(): cache lookup failed for operator class 123
Дата
Re: amvalidate(): cache lookup failed for operator class 123  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> Per sqlsmith.
> postgres=# select amvalidate(123);
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for operator class 123
> postgres=# \errverbose
> ERROR:  XX000: cache lookup failed for operator class 123
> LOCATION:  amvalidate, amapi.c:125

> The usual expectation is that sql callable functions should return null rather
> than hitting elog().

Meh.  I'm not convinced that that position ought to apply to amvalidate.
Under what circumstances would you be calling that on an opclass that
might be about to be dropped?