Re: [BUGS] BUG #14637: Tests fail with pl_PL.UTF-8 locale

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14637: Tests fail with pl_PL.UTF-8 locale
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> writes:
> The select_views test has also confused me while I was working on the
> geometric types [1].  It is hard to figure out if the failure is
> positive or a collation issue.  I don't think this test is responsible
> from testing collations.  Can we change this to ORDER BY name COLLATE
> "C"?

Uh, change what exactly?

FWIW, I tried to reproduce the OP's reported failure with pl_PL.UTF-8,
but it seems to pass fine for me.  This implies that that locale works
differently on his Ubuntu box than my RHEL box, which makes the idea
of trying to guarantee that it works even more problematic.