Re: obtuse plpgsql function needs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: obtuse plpgsql function needs
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
elein <elein@varlena.com> writes:
> So, other than C, plperl or pltcl is the way to go.
> As long as they can input generic composite types
> (I wasn't sure of that, but I should have known),

Come to think of it, that is a problem: we don't have any way to declare
a function as taking "any tuple type".  So even though pltcl or plperl
functions could be written to work with such input, we can't declare them.
This is a problem even for C functions.  You could declare a C function
as taking "any", but then you can't even check that what you got was a
tuple ...

Something to work on for 7.5, I suppose.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: