Re: pgsql: Fix test case from b0c5b215d.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix test case from b0c5b215d.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> I committed that suggestion, but I'm not sure it's enough to fix it,
> because if I do
>     LANG=cs_CZ.utf8 make check
> then I still get variant output order.  I tried about six different
> spellings of the query without improving matters, so I'm totally
> baffled.  Have we managed to break COLLATE "C"?  (With one eye on
> Jeff Davis' recent stuff, I could believe that, except I'd have
> expected it to show up in other regression tests already.)

Yeah, the affected buildfarm members seem still not happy.

In simple testing such as
    select * from foo order by f1 collate "C";
the behavior seems as expected.  I also confirmed that I see the test
misbehavior locally with or without ICU.  So I kind of think that this
is not a failure in the sorting code per se.  My current idea is that
in a more complicated query such as the new test_pg_dump query, we are
somehow losing the COLLATE "C" specification --- it's there in the
Sort node according to EXPLAIN VERBOSE, but it sure doesn't seem to be
having any effect.

I'm too tired to look any closer tonight, though.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix test case from b0c5b215d.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix test case from b0c5b215d.