Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> +1.  I'm kind of worried that the expansion of parallelization could
> lead to more instances of instability.  Alexander mentioned one such
> case at [1].  I haven't looked into it though.
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/cbf0156f-5aa1-91db-5802-82435dda03e6%40gmail.com

The mechanism there is pretty obvious: a plancache flush happened
at just the wrong (right?) time and caused the output to change,
as indeed the comment acknowledges:

 -- currently, this fails due to cached plan for "r.f1 + 1" expression
 -- (but if debug_discard_caches is on, it will succeed)

I wonder if we shouldn't just remove that test case as being
too unstable -- especially since it's not proving much anyway.