Re: Git conversion status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/info-cvs/2004-07/msg00106.html
> is what I'm refering too and what the debian people provided a patch to
> work around for(starting with1:1.12.9-17 in 2005) - nut sure why you are
> not seeing it...

Hm, that is talking about the output of "cvs log".  It doesn't say
anything one way or the other about what gets put into $Header$ keyword
expansions.  A look into the 1.12.13 source code says that dates in
keywords are always printed with this:
   sprintf (buf, "%04d/%02d/%02d %02d:%02d:%02d", year, mon, mday,     hour, min, sec);

(see printable_date in src/rcs.c).  So I'm still of the opinion that
debian fixed that which wasn't broken.  I tried searching the nongnu
archives and found this:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/info-cvs/2004-03/msg00359.html

which leads me to think that the upstream developers considered and
ultimately rejected moving to ISO style in keyword expansion.  Probably
the debian maintainer decided he knew better and changed it anyway;
there seems to be a lot of that going around among debian packagers.