Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
>> bossartn@amazon.com <javascript:;> writes:
>>> 2. As foo, execute "alter role foo set role = 'foo'"

> I'm at a loss to understand what this does when it isn't broken.  Assuming
> valid grants does the user become the assigned role upon session startup?

As written it does nothing much.  But "SET ROLE" is defined by the SQL
standard, and what I'd expect this to do is execute an implicit SET ROLE
at login.  Whether that's a good idea is pretty debatable, though, thus
my question whether we'd not be better off to forbid this.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail